Friday, May 18, 2012

Vegan quinoa pudding with strawberries

(when I find out where my camera is hiding I'll start posting with pictures, I know it's boring without pictures)

So I was going through Pinterest and I saw a quinoa pudding but it had heavy cream and whole milk in it, so I decided to make it vegan and a little more "arroz con leche" style.
It's the simplest thing ever and it came out quite good.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cups of quinoa
  • 1 1/2 cups of vanilla soy milk
  • 1 tbs vanilla
  • 1/2 to 1 tbs cinnamon
  • 4 tbs brown sugar
  •  1 cup of cubed strawberries
Rinse the Quinoa before cooking it. Put it in a saucepan with the milk and add the vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Let it boil until Quinoa is soft. about 7- 10 mins. (It took me longer because I found out that soymilk likes to spill out of saucepans when you're not watching it, and then I  had to clean the mess) Let it cool down a little bit and when ready just mix with strawberries and enjoy.

I had it as a night time snack because I was a little hungry but not crazy to eat a whole meal and besides I don't like going to bed with my tummy all bloated full of food that wont be anything but fat later. I also like it as a fast breakfast for those who don't have time to have breakfast at home. Just put it in a mason jar at night and take it along in the morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment